In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to install TWRP custom recovery on various Samsung smartphones using the Odin software.
Before we begin, do make sure you have downloaded / installed the following programs on your PC.
Next up, do ensure that your device have fulfilled the following pre-requisite.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin flashing the TWRP custom recovery on your device.
- Make sure you have already enabled the OEM Unlock option under the Developer Options.
Disclaimer : During the process of flashing, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Once done, follow the steps below on how to install TWRP custom recovery on your Samsung device.
- Boot your device into Download mode by pressing the Volume DOWN key + Power key + Home key simultaneously until you see a WARNING screen.
- Once you see the warning screen, press the Volume UP button to boot it into Download mode.
- Once done, open the Odin program on your PC.
- Now, connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable. Odin should now shows an Added!! message under the Message box on the bottom-left.
- You will then click on the AP button at the right, and select the TWRP img file which you had downloaded earlier on.
- Under the Option section, make sure you had checked the Auto Reboot as well as the F. Reset Time options and leave the rest unchecked.
- Finally, click on the Start button at the bottom right to begin flashing the TWRP custom recovery on your device.
- If everything goes successfully, your device should automatically reboot.
- Congratulations! You had just flashed the TWRP on your device!
You are now free to root or install any custom ROMs on your Samsung smartphone!
Featured img: https://pixabay.com/en/security-castle-sure-internet-1202344/