The Acer Liquid Z3 is a low-end Android smartphone released by the Taiwanese manufacturer back in September last year. The device comes with a 3.5-inch display powered by a 1 GHz dual-core chipset and just 512MB RAM – which isn’t suitable for users who need to multi-task on their smartphone. However, we can still slightly improve its performance by over-clocking its processor. To do so, we must first root Acer Liquid Z3. In this tutorial, I will show you exactly how to root Acer Liquid Z3 using the Framaroot app.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting acer liquid z3
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your device before you proceed.
- Back up the Acer Liquid Z3.
Follow the steps below on how to root Acer Liquid Z3
- Connect the Acer Liquid Z3 to your PC.
- Copy and paste the Framaroot apk from your PC over to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Go to Settings > Security > check on the Unknown Sources box.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Launch the Framaroot app on your Acer Liquid Z3.
- From the app, select Install Superuser under the Select an action to execute after root section.
- From the Select an exploit section, select the Boromir exploit. ( Choose Faramir exploit if Boromir doesn’t work )
- You should see a Success 🙂 pop-up appearing on your device if everything is done correctly.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Acer Liquid Z3!
If you still can’t decide whether to root or not? Then read this : Why should I root or not root my Android handset ?