The Blu Advance 4.0 is a budget Android smartphone released by Blu back in mid-December last year. The device has a 4 inches display powered by a 1.3GHz dual-core processor and 512MB RAM. Running in the background is none other than the Android 4.2 OS. Like most other Blu smartphones, the Blu Advance 4.0 can be rooted as well. If you’re interested in how this can be done, then you’re at the right place! In this tutorial, I will be guiding you on how to root Blu Advance 4.0 using the vroot program.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Blu Advance 4.0
- Download the vroot program to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
- Back up the Blu Advance 4.0.
Follow the steps below on how to root BLU Advance 4.0
- Install vroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon.
- Once done, open the program on your PC.
- Connect the Blu Advance 4.0 to your PC using a USB cable. At this point of time, you PC should be able to detect your smartphone.
- From the program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting the device.
- The program may take quite awhile to root your device. You’ll be prompted once your device has been rooted.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Blu Advance 4.0!