The BLU Vivo 4.8 HD is the latest mid-range Android smartphone released by BLU back in January this year. The device runs on a 1.5GHz quad-core MT6589T processor, spotting a 4.8-inch HD display with Android 4.2 onboard. Although the BLU Vivo 4.8 HD is a relatively new model, a root procedure is already available for the smartphone. In this tutorial, I will show you exactly how to root BLU Vivo 4.8 HD using the Framaroot app.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Besides that, your warranty will also be voided after your device has been rooted.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting BLU Vivo 4.8 HD
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have at least 80% battery remaining on your device.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up your BLU Vivo 4.8 HD smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root BLU Vivo 4.8 HD
- Connect the BLU Vivo 4.8 HD to your PC.
- Copy and paste the Framaroot apk (which you have downloaded earlier) from your PC over to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Launch the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot app on your BLU Vivo 4.8 HD.
- On the Framaroot app, select the Install Superuser option from the Select an action to execute after root section.
- From the Select an exploit section, select the Boromir exploit. ( You can try Faramir or Barahir exploit if Boromir doesn’t work )
- Once you’re done, a pop-up similar to the one above should appear on your phone.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted BLU Vivo 4.8 HD!