The Elephone G5 is the latest mid-range Android smartphone introduced by Chinese manufacturer Elephone back in September this year. The device comes with an affordable price tag of just $120, making it a perfect handset for those looking for a budget smartphone with a decent performance.
The Elephone G5 rocks a 5.5″ HD display powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core proicessor along with 1GB RAM. Other key specifications include a 8GB internal storage, microSD slot, 13MP camera at the back, 5MP camera at the front for selfies, 2,550mAh battery, as well as Android 4.4 KitKat running out of the box.
Like most other Android smartphones, we can root Elephone G5 easily using the vroot program as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Elephone G5 in less than an hour!
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Elephone G5
- Download the vroot program to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on. If you have do not so, you can download the device’s driver here.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is more than 50% battery remaining on your Elephone G5 smartphone.
- Back up your Elephone G5 smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Elephone G5
- Install vroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Connect the Elephone G5 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Next, ensure that your PC is able to detect your device before you move on with the rest of the steps.
- Open the vroot program on your PC and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- On the vroot program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting Elephone G5.
- The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.
- You’ll be prompted by the program once it has rooted your device.
- The device will then automatically reboot itself.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Elephone G5!