The Gionee Elife E3 is another mid-range Android smartphone released by the little known Indian manufacturer Gionee back in May last year. The device comes with a 4.7-inch HD display powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor with 1 GB RAM. Like many other Android devices running on a Mediatek chipset, you can root Gionee Elife E3 in a few minutes using the Framaroot app. If you’re interested, then read on to find out how to root Gionee Elife E3 in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Gionee Elife E3
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have at least 80% battery left on the Gionee Elife E3 before proceeding.
- Back up the Gionee Elife E3.
Follow the steps below on how to root Gionee Elife E3
- Connect the Gionee Elife E3 to your PC.
- Copy the Framaroot apk from your PC over to your device’s SD card.
- Go to Settings > Security > check on the Unknown Sources box, so that you will be able to install apps outside of Google Play.
- On your device, open the file explorer app ( we recommend either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Launch the Framaroot app on your Gionee Elife E3.
- From the Select an action to execute after root section, select Install Superuser.
- Next up, select Boromir or Faramir ( if Boromir doesn’t work ) exploit from the Select an exploit section.
- A pop-up like the one above should appear if everything is done correctly.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Gionee Elife E3!
- A Superuser app can also be found in your app drawer after rooting.