The Gionee Pioneer P2 is a budget Android smartphone released back in June last year, and comes with a price tag of just RS. 5,800. The Gionee Pioneer P2 has a 4-inch display powered by a 1.3 GHz dual-core chipset and 512 MB RAM which is powerful enough for most average Android users who doesn’t multi-task on their smartphone. Apart from that, it also comes with a middling 5 megapixels camera as well as 4 GB internal storage which is expandable up to 32 GB. You may want to root Gionee Pioneer P2 to make the device a little quicker by overclocking its proccessor. To do so, just follow the tutorial below on how to root Gionee Pioneer P2.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Gionee Pioneer P2
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have at least 80% battery left on your device before proceeding.
- Back up the Gionee Pioneer P2.
Follow the steps below on how to root Gionee Pioneer P2
- Connect the Gionee Pioneer P2 to your PC.
- Copy and paste the Framaroot apk from your PC over to your device’s SD card.
- Go to the security settings of your Gionee Pioneer P2 and make sure the Unknown Sources option has been checked.
- On your device, open the file explorer app ( either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk.
- Open the Framaroot app on your Gionee Pioneer P2.
- From the Select an action to execute after root section, select the Install Superuser option from the list.
- Moving on, select either the Boromir or Faramir exploit from the Select an exploit section.
- An Exploit result pop-up like the one above should appear on your device if everything is done correctly.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Gionee Pioneer P2.
- You should be able to see a Superuser app in your app drawer after rooting.
*Credits : The featured image of this post was taken from Flick under the creative common license. All credits goes to its owner salendron.