The Goophone G910 is the first Android smartphone from Goophone to be featuring a flexible display similar to the one popularized by the LG G Flex. But unlike the G Flex, the Goophone G910 only costs a fraction of its price tag. What’s even better is that this device will also be powered by a 8-cores processor, making it a superior device for those looking for entertainment on the go.
Like most other Goophone handsets, we can root Goophone G910 rather easily in less than an hour as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Goophone G910 using the Framaroot app.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Goophone G910
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the necessary USB driver on your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 50% battery remaining on your Goophone G910.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Goophone G910.
Follow the steps below on how to root Goophone G910
- Connect the Goophone G910 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy the Framaroot apk from your PC to your tablet’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot app on your Goophone G910 and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- From the Framaroot app, select the Install Superuser option under the Select an action to execute after root section as shown above.
- In the next section, choose the Boromir exploit to root Goophone G910.
- You should be able to see a pop-up like the one above once the program has rooted your device. The process normally takes less than a minute to complete.
- Finally, reboot your device immediately.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Goophone G910!