The iNew U1 is the latest Android smartphone unveiled by Chinese manufacturer iNew back in August this year. The device comes with an extremely affordable price tag of just $60, making it one of the cheapest Android smartphone available in the market. Coming at such a cheap price tag, we shouldn’t expect too much from its spec sheet to be fair. However, it isn’t that bad afterall. The device rocks a decent 4″ display powered by a 1.3GHz dual-core chipset along with 512MB of RAM. So if you’re one of those who only needs a basic smartphone for calling as well as texting, then this will be a perfect handset for you. But of course, you’re still able to surf the net on this device as well – but not too many tabs at once.
Like any other Android smartphones, we can root iNew U1 rather easily using the Framaroot program as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root iNew U1 in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting iNew U1
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the required driver on your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the iNew U1.
Follow the steps below on how to root iNew U1
- Connect the iNew U1 to your PC.
- Copy and paste the Framaroot apk from your PC over to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot app on your iNew U1 smartphone.
- From the Framaroot app, select Install Superuser under the Select an action to execute after root section.
- From the Select an exploit section, select the Boromir exploit. ( You can try Faramir or Barahir exploit if Boromir doesn’t work )
- You should see a pop-up like the one above after you’re done.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted iNew U1!