The Lenovo A588T is the first Android flip phone introduced by Chinese manufacturer Lenovo back in October this year. The device rocks a decent 4″ display powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core chipset along with 512MB of RAM. Other key specs which come along with the device include a 4GB internal storage, microSD slot, 5MP rear camera, 2,250mAh battery as well as Android 4.4.2 KitKat running in the background.
Like most other Android smartphones, we can root Lenovo A588T rather easily using the vroot program as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Lenovo A588T in less than an hour!
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Lenovo A588T
- Download the vroot program to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on. If you have do not so, you can download the device’s driver here.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is more than 50% battery remaining on your Lenovo A588T smartphone.
- Back up your Lenovo A588T smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Lenovo A588T
- Install vroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Connect the Lenovo A588T to your Windows-based PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Next, ensure that your PC is able to detect your device before you move on with the rest of the steps.
- Open the vroot program on your PC and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- On the vroot program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting Lenovo A588T.
- The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.
- You’ll be prompted by the program once it has rooted your device.
- The Lenovo A588T will then automatically reboot itself.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Lenovo A588T!