The Lenovo A766 is a mid-range Android smartphone released by Lenovo back in September last year. The Lenovo A766 comes with an affordable price tag of just $129, sporting a 5-inches IPS display. Under the hood is a 1.2GHz quad-core MT6589 chipset as well as 1GB RAM running the show. Like most other Lenovo smartphones, we can root Lenovo A766 rather easily as well. We can root Lenovo A766 using a one-click-root app called Framaroot. Below is a step-by-step tutorial on how to root Lenovo A766 in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Lenovo A766
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the necessary USB driver on your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 50% battery remaining on your device.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Lenovo A766 smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Lenovo A766
- Connect the Lenovo A766 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy the Framaroot apk from your PC to your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot app on your Lenovo A766 smartphone.
- From the Framaroot app, select the Install Superuser option under the Select an action to execute after root section as shown above.
- In the next section, choose the Boromir exploit to root Lenovo A766.
- Once the app has rooted your device, you should see a success pop-up like the one above.
- Reboot the Lenovo A766.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Lenovo A766!