The Lenovo S660 is a mid-range Android smartphone released by Lenovo back in February earlier this year. Unlike its counterparts, the Lenovo S660 comes with a slightly more powerful MTK6582 quad-core processor clocked at 1.3GHz as compared to other devices running on the 1.2GHz MTK6589 chipset. However, you can still root Lenovo S660 rather easily using the Framaroot app as well. In this tutorial, I will be guiding you on how to root Lenovo S660 in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Lenovo S660
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the device driver on your PC. If you have not do so, you can download the necessary device driver here.
- Make sure you have fully charged your device.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Lenovo S660.
Follow the steps below on how to root Lenovo S660
- Connect the Lenovo S660 to your PC.
- Copy and paste the Framaroot apk (which you have downloaded earlier) from your PC over to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Go to your app drawer and tap on the Framaroot icon to launch it.
- From the Framaroot app, select the Install Superuser option under the Select an action to execute after root section as shown above.
- In the following section, you will select the Boromir exploit ( You can try Faramir or Barahir exploit if Boromir doesn’t work ).
- Once your device is rooted, you should see a pop-up like the one above on your screen.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Lenovo S660!