The Micromax Canvas Elanza 2 is a mid-range Android smartphone released by Micromax back in May this year. The Micromax Canvas Elanza 2 boast a 5-inch 720p display which runs on a decent 1.2GHz quad-core chipset along side 1GB RAM. This budget Android smartphone is just one of the many unveiled by Micromax this year which include the Canvas Entice A105 as well.
Like many other Micromax smartphones, we can root Micromax Canvas Elanza 2 rather easily using the vroot program as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Micromax Canvas Elanza 2 in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Micromax Canvas Elanza 2
- Download the vroot program to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on. If you have not do so, you can download Micromax driver here as well.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is more than 50% battery remaining on your smartphone.
- Back up your Micromax Canvas Elanza 2 smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Micromax Canvas Elanza 2
- Install vroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Connect the Micromax Canvas Elanza 2 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Next, ensure that your PC is able to detect your device before you move on with the rest of the steps.
- Open the vroot program on your PC and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- On the vroot program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting Micromax Canvas Elanza 2.
- The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.
- You’ll be prompted by the program once it has rooted your device.
- Your device should automatically reboot itself.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Micromax Canvas Elanza 2!