The Micromax Canvas Gold A300 is a high-end Android smartphone released by Micromax back in June this year. The device rocks a 5.5-inches FHD display powered by a 2.0GHz octa-core chipset along with 2GB of RAM. So far, I would say this is the most impressive device ever released by the company if you would agree with me.
Like any other Android smartphone, we can root Micromax Canvas Gold A300 rather easily using a one-click-root app called Framaroot. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you on how to root Micromax Canvas Gold A300 in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Micromax Canvas Gold A300
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the necessary USB driver on your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 50% battery remaining on your Canvas Gold A300 smartphone.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Canvas Gold A300 smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Micromax Canvas Gold A300
- Connect the Canvas Gold A300 handset to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy the Framaroot apk from your PC to your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot on your Canvas Gold A300 smartphone and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- From the Framaroot app, select the Install Superuser option under the Select an action to execute after root section as shown above.
- In the next section, choose the Boromir exploit to root Canvas Gold A300.
- You should be able to see a pop-up like the one above once the program has rooted your device. The process normally takes less than a minute to complete.
- Finally, reboot your Canvas Gold A300 smartphone immediately.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Micromax Canvas Gold A300!