The Motorola Droid Mini was unveiled back in August, together with the Droid Ultra and Droid MAXX. Like any other Motorola devices, the Motorola Droid Mini can be easily rooted as well through various exploits. If you’re interested in gaining root-access for your Motorola Droid Mini, then this tutorial is for you. However, please do note that this procedure will not unlock your bootloader so you will still be unable to install custom ROMs on the device.
Before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own SD Card.
Follow the steps below on how to root the Motorola Droid Mini
- Download the MotoRoot1.1-Droid.apk to your desktop.
- Connect the Motorola Droid Mini to your PC.
- Run the ADB program on your PC.
- On the ADB, type in the following command
adb install -r motoroot.apk
- Once you have installed the apk on your device, open the MotoRoot app from your app drawer.
- On the app, tap on the Setup ( Will reboot ).
- It will begin rooting your device and reboot once its done.
- Install the SuperSU from Google Play.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted the Motorola Droid Mini!
How to Unroot the Motorola Droid Mini
- Factory Reset the device.
- Go back to the MotoRoot app and select the Unroot option.
That’s all you need to do to root the Motorola Droid Mini. If you encounter any problems during the process, please feel free to comment below the post or visit the original developers.