The Nokia XL is one of the 3 Android smartphone announced by the Finnish company back in MWC 2014. The Nokia XL comes with a decent 5-inches display powered by a 1GHz dual-core chipset and 768MB RAM. Like the other 2 smartphones, the Nokia XL can also be rooted easily using the Nokia X Toolkit. Rooting the Nokia XL will allow you to flash custom recovery and ROMs on your device as well as to tweak its performance. In this tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Nokia XL in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Nokia XL
- Download the Nokia X Toolkit here (from the first post).
- Make sure you have installed Nokia XL USB driver on your PC.
- Make sure you have fully charged your device.
- Make sure you have enabled USB debugging on your device.
- Back up the Nokia XL smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Nokia XL
- Connect the Nokia XL to your PC using the accompanying USB cable.
- Run the Nokia X Toolkit (you have to right-click and run it as administrator).
- You will then see a screen like the one above on your PC.
- On the program, select option 9 to begin rooting Nokia XL.
- Your device will then boot into CWM recovery menu.
- From the recovery menu, go to Mounts And Storage > Mount System.
- Next up, select Flash Zip from SD Card.
- Look for a Superuser zip file and flash it.
- Once done, select the Reboot option.
- A pop-up will then appear asking you whether you want to fix the CWM.
- Select No from the pop-up.
- Your device will then be rebooted.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Nokia XL!