The Oppo F1 Plus is an upgraded version of the Oppo F1 Plus handset released back in March 2016. The Oppo F1 Plus rocks a decent 5.5″ FHD display powered by a 8-cores MTK6755 SoC along with 4GB of RAM.
Other key specs that come along with the device include a 64GB internal storage, microSD slot, 13MP main camera, 16MP front-camera, 2,850mAh non-removable battery as well as Android 5.1 running out of the box.
Like most other Android tablets, we can root Oppo F1 Plus rather easily as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Oppo F1 Plus using the Framaroot app.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Oppo F1 Plus
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the required driver on your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Oppo F1 Plus.
Follow the steps below on how to root Oppo F1 Plus
- Connect the Oppo F1 Plus to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy and paste the Framaroot apk from your PC over to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot app on your Oppo F1 Plus smartphone.
- From the Framaroot app, select Install Superuser under the Select an action to execute after root section.
- From the Select an exploit section, select the Barahir exploit. ( You can try Faramir or Boromir exploit if Boromir doesn’t work ).
- You should see a pop-up like the one above after you’re done.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Oppo F1 Plus!