The Tengda G3+ is a mid-range Android smartphone released by Chinese manufacturer Tengda back in October this year. This device rocks a decent 5″ display powered by a 1.3GHz dual-core chispet along with 512MB of RAM. Other key specs which accompany the device include a 4GB internal storage, microSD slot, 2MP front camera, 2MP rear camera, 2,000mAh battery as well as Android 4.2 Jelly Bean running out of the box.
Like most other Tengda smartphones, we can root Tengda G3+ rather easily using the Kingo Root program. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Tengda G3+ in less than an hour!
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Tengda G3+
- Download the Kingo program to your PC.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure you have at least 50% battery remaining on your device.
- Back up the Tengda G3+.
Follow the steps below on how to root Tengda G3+
- Install Kingo on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions.
- After you have installed, open the Kingo program on your PC.
- Connect the Huawei A199 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- The program will then install the lastest driver on your PC.
- Once the neccessary driver has been installed, you should see a screen like the one above.
- Click on the root button to begin rooting Huawei A199.
- Once it has rooted your device, you should see a Root Succeeded message.
- Reboot your smartphone.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Tengda G3+!