The Micromax A110Q Canvas 2 Plus is a mid-range Android smartphone released back in May this year, spotting a 5-inch IPS display. Like most other budget Android devices, the Micromax A110Q Canvas 2 Plus is powered by a 1.2 GHz Mediatek chipset and 1 GB RAM. Besides that, you can also expect a 8 megapixels rear camera completed with a 2 megapixels front camera on the device. In this tutorial, I will be guiding you on how to root the Micromax A110Q Canvas 2 Plus so you install custom ROMs as well as other root only apps.
Before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own SD Card.
Follow the steps below on how to root the Micromax A110Q Canvas 2 Plus
- Download the Framaroot apk and place it on your desktop.
- Connect the Micromax A110Q Canvas 2 Plus to your PC.
- Copy the Framaroot apk from your PC over to your device’s SD card.
- Make sure that you have checked the Unknown Sources option under your device’s security settings before you proceed.
- Launch your file explorer from your app drawer ( if you do not have one, you can download ES File Explorer from the Play Store ) and install the Framaroot apk from your SD card.
- From your device, launch the Framaroot app from the app drawer.
- Tap on Install Superuser from the Select an action to execute after root.
- Tap on the Boromir / Faramir option on the app.
- You should expect a Success : – ) pop-up to appear.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted the Micromax A110Q Canvas 2 Plus.
Easy isn’t it? If you have any problems during the process of rooting, do comment below the post below. All credits goes to the original developers at xda-developers.