The Pantech Discover was released back in January this year, spotting a 4.8-inch 720 x 1280 pixels display. On the same month, Pantech also announced their most high-end Android device – Pantech Vega No 6. Sad to say, the Korean manufacturer has yet to launch any other smartphone till now. The Pantech Discover can be easily rooted using the Framaroot app through the Gandalf exploit on the Qualcomm chipset. If you’re interested, then read on to find out how to root the Pantech Discover.
Before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own SD Card.
Follow the steps below on how to root the Pantech Discover
- Download the Framaroot apk and place it on your desktop.
- Connect the Pantech Discover to your PC.
- Copy the Framaroot apk from your desktop to your device’s SD card.
- Ensure that the Unknown Sources option has been checked in your device’s settings. This will allow you install apks outside of Google Play.
- Launch your file explorer from your app drawer ( if you do not have one, you can download ES File Explorer from the Play Store ) and install the Framaroot apk from your SD card.
- Tap on the Gandalf option on the app.
- Restart your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted the Pantech Discover.
That’s all you have to do to root the Pantech Discover. You’re now free to tweak the device’s performance and install any root-only apps. All credits goes to the original developers at xda-developers.