The XOLO Q520S is a mid-range Android smartphone released by Indian manufacturer Xolo back in January this year. The XOLO Q520S rocks a decent 4″ display powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core chipset along with 512MB of RAM. Other key specs which come along with the device include a 4GB internal storage, micrSD slot, 5MP rear camera, 1MP front-facing camera, 1,820mAh battery as well as Android 4.4.2 KitKat running out of the box.
Like most other Android smartphones, we can root XOLO Q520S rather easily using the vroot program. In the following tutorial, i will be guiding you guys on how to root XOLO Q520S in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting XOLO Q520S
- Download the iroot program to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on. If you have do not so, you can download the device’s driver here.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is more than 50% battery remaining on your XOLO Q520S smartphone.
- Back up your XOLO Q520S smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root XOLO Q520S
- Install iroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions. If it doesn’t open, then right-click on the icon and run it as administrator.
- Connect the XOLO Q520S to your Windows-based PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Next, ensure that your PC is able to detect your device before you move on with the rest of the steps. If it doesn’t detect your device, do ensure that you have installed the correct driver on your PC.
- Open the iroot program on your PC and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- On the iroot program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting XOLO Q520S.
- The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.
- You’ll be prompted by the program once it has rooted your device.
- The XOLO Q520S will then automatically reboot itself.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted XOLO Q520S!