The ZOPO Speed 7 is a high-end Android smartphone released by Chinese manufacturer Zopo back in July this year. The ZOPO Speed 7 rocks a impressive 5″ FHD display powered by a 8-cores MT6753 SoC along with 3GB of RAM. Other key specs which accompany the device include a 16GB internal storage, microSD slot, 13.2MP rear camera, 5MP front-facing camera, 2,500mAh battery as well as Android 5.1 running out of the box.
Whatever it is, we can still root ZOPO Speed 7 rather easily thanks to the Towelroot program. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root ZOPO Speed 7 in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting ZOPO Speed 7
- Download the Towelroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the necessary USB driver on your PC.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the ZOPO Speed 7 smartphone to your Google account.
Follow the steps below on how to root ZOPO Speed 7
- Connect your to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy the Towelroot apk from your PC to your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Towelroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Towelroot app and tap on the “Make it ra1n” button to begin rooting your device.
- After awhile your device should reboot itself.
- Now, head down to the Play store and install the SuperSU app for your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted ZOPO Speed 7!