The Zopo ZP780 is a mid-range Android smartphone released by Zopo back in March this year. The device features a 5 inches qHD display powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core processor and 1GB RAM. Like any other Zopo smartphones, the Zopo ZP780 also comes with an affordable price tag of just $149. What’s even better is that the Zopo ZP780 can be rooted easily as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you on how to root Zopo ZP780 using the one-click-root Framaroot app.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Zopo ZP780
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Install the necessary USB driver on your PC.
- Make sure you have fully charged your device.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Zopo ZP780 smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Zopo ZP780
- Connect the Zopo ZP780 to your PC.
- Copy and paste the Framaroot apk (which you have downloaded earlier) from your PC over to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Go to your app drawer and open the Framaroot app.
- From the Framaroot app, select the Install Superuser option under the Select an action to execute after root section as shown above.
- In the following section, you will select the Boromir exploit ( You can try Faramir or Barahir exploit if Boromir doesn’t work ).
- If you’ve successfully rooted your device, you should see the a pop-up like the one above on your screen. If not, please comment below so that one of us may be able to help you.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Zopo ZP780!