The Zopo ZP998 is the first ever octa-core powered smartphone released by Zopo back in October last year. Despite its high-end specifications, the Zopo ZP998 is available for just $320 – almost 3 times cheaper than the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phablet. Being a proud owner of the Zopo ZP980, I’m really quite impressed by the Chinese manufacturer as the device give me no problem till date. Alright, let’s not divert the topic. If you happen to own the Zopo ZP998 and wants to root it, then you’re at the right place! In this tutorial, I will be showing you how to root Zopo ZP998 using the Framaroot app.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Zopo ZP998
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Please ensure you have sufficient battery left on your device ( at least 80% ) before proceeding.
- Back up the Zopo ZP998 smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Zopo ZP998
- Connect the Zopo ZP998 to your PC.
- Copy the Framaroot apk which you have downloaded earlier from your PC over to your device’s SD card.
- Go to Settings > Security > check on the Unknown Sources box.
- On your device, open the file explorer app ( either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Once done, launch the Framaroot app on your device.
- From the Select an action to execute after root section, select Install Superuser.
- From the Select an exploit section, select Boromir ( if it doesn’t work, then try Faramir instead ).
- Once done, a pop-up like the one above will appear on your screen.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Zopo ZP998!