The ZTE Blade V7 is a mid-range Android smartphone released back in February 2016. The ZTE Blade V7 rocks a decent 5.2″ FHD dispaly powered by a 1.3GHz 8-cores MTK6753 SoC along with 2GB of RAM.
The other key specs that come along with the device include a 16GB insternal storage, microSD slot, 13MP main camera, 5MP secondary camera, 2,500mAh non-removable battery as well as Android 6.0 running out of the box.
Like most other Android tablets, we can root ZTE Blade V7 rather easily as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root ZTE Blade V7 using the Towelroot app.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting ZTE Blade V7
- Download the Towelroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the necessary USB driver on your PC.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the ZTE Blade V7 smartphone to your Google account.
Follow the steps below on how to root ZTE Blade V7
- Connect your to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy the Towelroot apk from your PC to your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Towelroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Towelroot app and tap on the “Make it ra1n” button to begin rooting your device.
- After awhile your device should reboot itself.
- Now, head down to the Play store and install the SuperSU app for your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted ZTE Blade V7!