The ZTE Grand X Quad V987 is a mid-range Android smartphone released back in June last year, featuring a 5-inch HD display powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core chipset. Like any other Android devices, we can also install custom ROMs like CyanogenMod on the ZTE Grand X Quad – if we became bored of their default UI. But to do this, we have to first root ZTE Grand X Quad. In this step-by-step tutorial, I will be guiding you on how to root ZTE Grand X Quad V987 using the Framaroot app.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting ZTE Grand X Quad V987
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery level on your device before you proceed.
- Back up the ZTE Grand X Quad smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root ZTE Grand X Quad V987
- Connect the ZTE Grand X Quad to your PC.
- Copy and paste the Framaroot apk from your PC over to your device’s SD card.
- Go to Settings > Security and make sure the Unknown Sources option has been checked.
- On your device, open the file explorer app ( either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk.
- Launch the Framaroot app on your ZTE Grand X Quad.
- From the Select an action to execute after root section, select Install Superuser.
- From the Select an exploit section, select either the Boromir or Faramir exploit.
- Once done, a pop-up like the one above should appear on your screen.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted ZTE Grand X Quad V987!
- There should now be a Superuser app in your app drawer as well.