The ZTE Nubia Z7 Mini is the shrunk version of the Nubia Z7 flagship which was originally announced back in April this year. Unlike the Nubia Z7, the Z7 Mini runs on a 2.0GHz Snapdragon 801 chipset instead of the 2.5GHz version. Similarly, it is also equipped with only 2GB RAM instead of 3GB and has a slightly smaller 5″ fHD display at the front.
Like any other Android smartphones, we can root ZTE Nubia Z7 Mini rather easily as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root ZTE Nubia Z7 Mini using the Towelroot app.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting ZTE Nubia Z7 Mini
- Download the Towelroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the necessary USB driver on your PC.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the ZTE Nubia Z7 Mini smartphone to your Google account.
Follow the steps below on how to root ZTE Nubia Z7 Mini
- Connect your to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy the Towelroot apk from your PC to your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Towelroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Towelroot app and tap on the “Make it ra1n” button to begin rooting your device.
- After awhile your device should reboot itself.
- Now, head down to the Play store and install the SuperSU app for your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted ZTE Nubia Z7 Mini!