After weeks of speculations and rumors, Nubia finally released its annual flagship smartphone, Nubia Z18. Well, most of the details of this device have been made public from the leaks. It comes with the recently popularized water drop display design and it is consistent with it bezeless tradition. Its display design makes this smartphone achieve a 91.8% screen-to-body ratio. Although we expected for display space, its chin is a bit large.
The general manager of Nubia, Ni Fei, did the presentation. This smartphone is equipped with a 6-inch display which has a resolution of 2160×1080 pixels and an aspect ratio of 18:9. It is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC coupled with 6GB/8GBof RAM and 64GB/128GB of internal storage. In the camera department, we have a 16MP + 24MP dual rear camera with an 8MP shooter up front for selfies. The lights of this smartphone are kept on by a 3450 mAh battery which supports NeoCharge 2.5 for quickly powering up this smartphone.
Nubia Z18 Specs Sheet
- Dimension: 148.58 x 72.54 x 8.55 mm
- Weight: 172 grams;
- Display: 5.99 inches display with a Full HD + resolution (2160 x 1080 pixel), circular notch and protective glass Corning Gorilla Glass 3;
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor, octa-core up to 2.8 GHz;
- GPU: Adreno 630;
- RAM: 6/8 GB of LPDDR4X Dual Channel RAM;
- Storage: 64/128 GB of internal memory UFS 2.1 (not expandable);
- Rear fingerprint reader;
- Camera (Rear): Dual 16+24-megapixel rear camera with f/1.6 aperture, OIS, PDAF autofocus, NeoVision 8.0 technology, AI feature (scene recognition) and Dual Tone LED flash;
- Camera (front): 8-megapixel front camera with f/2.0 aperture ;
- Battery: 3450 mAh battery with quick recharge NeoCharge 2.5 18W;
- SIM: Dual SIM 4G LTE, Wi-Fi Dual Band, Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-C, DTS audio, GPS / GLONASS.
- OS: Nubia UI 6.0 system on top of Android 8.1 Oreo operating system
The Nubia Z18 will hit the market on September 11. The base model will sell for of 2799 yuan ($408) while the 8/128GB version will go for 3299 Yuan ($482).