If you’re holding on to an AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2, then this tutorial is for you! Today, I’ve came out with a step-by-step tutorial on how to root your AT&T Galaxy Note 2 in less than an hour. This will give you the opportunity to further exploit the Galaxy Note 2 as well as to install custom ROMs on the phablet itself. But before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. ( please also note that rooting voids your warranty as well ) Please also make sure you’ve already backup your device!
- Download both the Root Package ( Please choose the correct file for your phone model on the third post ) and Odin.
- Extract both files to your desktop.
- Launch the Odin application.
- From the program, click PDA and select CF-Auto-Root-….tar.md5.
- Ensure the Repartition box is unchecked, while both the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes remain checked.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
- Reboot the Galaxy Note 2 into download mode by pressing on the Volume Down key, as well as Home and Power buttons simultaneously for a moment.
- Connect the Galaxy Note 2 to your PC using a USB cable.
- Click on the start button on the program.
- Wait patiently for a moment until it reboots…… Congratulation you’ve successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Note 2!
Simple isn’t it? Yeah, but even though it is simple, but do be very cautious during the process to ensure your device doesn’t brick by your mistake! Full credits of this procedure goes to these guys from ChainFire! However if you need any help or experience any problem ( device hang, don’t boot? ) during the process, you can also comment below this post or go directly to their support forum at xda-developers.
In the mean time, stay tune for more how to root tutorials coming your way!