The LG Spectrum 2 has been one of the most popular mid-range Android device among Verizon customers last year. As compared to the first generation LG Spectrum, the LG Spectrum 2 has received significant upgrade from its manufacturer in terms of the device’s software and hardware performance. So if you happen to own the LG Spectrum 2, you may want to install custom ROMs or firmware onto the device. But to do so, you must first be able to root the device itself. No idea how to begin rooting it? Don’t worry, this tutorial will guide you on how to root the LG Spectrum 2 within an hour. However before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device ( please also note that rooting voids your warranty as well ). Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own SD Card.
*This procedure works only on a PC running on Windows OS.
- Download the Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_27.
- Extract all the files to your desktop.
- Enable USB Debugging on the LG Spectrum 2.
- Connect your device to the PC using a USB cable.
- Run the RunMe.bat file that you’ve extracted previously.
- Select the first option of the program to begin rooting your device.
- After it has rooted your device, reboot it.
- Congratulations, you’ve just rooted your LG Spectrum 2!
You’re now free to install any ROMs, firmwares as well as other root-only apps on your LG Spectrum 2. If you encounter any any problem ( device hang, cannot boot? ) during the process, you can also comment below this post so that we’re able to help you! Full credits of this procedure goes to these guys from xda-developers.