The Gionee Marathon M5 Enjoy is a mid-range Android smartphone released by Chinese manufacturer Gionee back in December 2015. The device is part of the Marathon series which offers performance as well as premium design all at an affordable price.
Like most other Android tablets, we can root Gionee Marathon M5 Enjoy rather easily as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Gionee Marathon M5 Enjoy using the Towelroot app.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Gionee Marathon M5 Enjoy
- Download the Towelroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the necessary USB driver on your PC.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Gionee Marathon M5 Enjoy smartphone to your Google account.
Follow the steps below on how to root Gionee Marathon M5 Enjoy
- Connect your to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy the Towelroot apk from your PC to your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Towelroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Towelroot app and tap on the “Make it ra1n” button to begin rooting your device.
- After awhile your device should reboot itself.
- Now, head down to the Play store and install the SuperSU app for your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Gionee Marathon M5 Enjoy !
Now, you’re free to install custom ROMs as well as recovery on the Gionee Marathon M5 Enjoy smartphone. In the meantime, stay tune for more how to root tutorials!