The Micromax Canvas Doodle 3 is a mid-range Android phablet released by Micromax back in April this year. The Micromax Canvas Doodle 3 sporting a decent 6 inches display powered by a 1.3GHz dual-core processor and 512MB RAM. Coming with a price tag of just $130, there really isn’t much to complain about the device to be frank. Like any other Android smartphones, we can root Micromax Canvas Doodle 3 rather easily as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Micromax Canvas Doodle 3 using the Framaroot app.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Micromax Canvas Doodle 3
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the necessary USB driver on your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 50% battery remaining on your device.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Micromax Canvas Doodle 3.
Follow the steps below on how to root Micromax Canvas Doodle 3
- Connect the Micromax Canvas Doodle 3 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy the Framaroot apk from your PC to your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Launch the Framaroot app on your Micromax Canvas Doodle 3 smartphone.
- From the Framaroot app, select the Install Superuser option under the Select an action to execute after root section as shown above.
- In the next section, choose the Boromir exploit to root Micromax Canvas Doodle 3.
- Once the app has rooted your device, you should see a success pop-up like the one above.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Micromax Canvas Doodle 3!