The Oppo Find 5 Mini is a mid-range Android smartphone released by Oppo back in February earlier this year. Simply put, its just the miniature version of the Oppo Find 5 flagship with slightly downgraded specs. The device comes with a 4.7 inch qHD display powered by a middling 1.3GHz quad-core chipset and 1GB RAM. Besides that, it also comes with a 8 megapixels rear camera and 2 megapixels front camera.
What’s great is that we can easily root Oppo Find 5 Mini using Framaroot, a one-click-root Android app. If you’re interested, then read on to find out how to root Oppo Find 5 Mini within a few minutes.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Oppo Find 5 Mini
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver on your PC. You can download it here if you have not do so.
- Make sure there is at least 50% battery left on your device.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Oppo Find 5 Mini smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Oppo Find 5 Mini
- Connect the Oppo Find 5 Mini to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy the Framaroot apk from your PC to your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot app on your Oppo Find 5 Mini smartphone.
- From the Framaroot app, select the Install Superuser option under the Select an action to execute after root section as shown above.
- In the following section, choose the Boromir exploit to root Oppo Find 5 Mini.
- Once done, you should see a pop-up similar to the one above on your device.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Oppo Find 5 Mini!
*To reinstate your product warranty, you will have to unroot the Oppo Find 5 Mini.