The Samsung Galaxy Prevail 2 is another budget Android handset released by the Korean smartphone giant back in July. Thanks to Android developer Toxx Synn, a rooting procedure is already available for the device which will enable you to remove the bloatwares that come along with the device. If you’re interested, read on to find out how to root the Samsung Galaxy Prevail 2.
Before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own SD Card.
Follow the steps below on how to root the Samsung Galaxy Prevail 2
- Download the Framaroot apk to your desktop.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy Prevail 2 to your PC using a USB cable.
- Copy the Framaroot apk from your PC to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Ensure that you have enabled the installation of apks from Unknown Sources from your device’s settings.
- Launch your file explorer from your app drawer ( if you do not have one, you can download ES File Explorer from the Play Store ) and look for the Framaroot apk. Once you’ve found the apk, install it.
- Open the Framaroot app from your device’s app drawer.
- From the app, tap on Gandalf and you should expect a success pop-up being shown up on your device.
- If it doesn’t shows up, close the app and open it again. This time round, tap on the Aragorn instead and you should be able to see a success pop-up.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted the Samsung Galaxy Prevail 2.
Of course, the Galaxy Prevail 2 can be rooted in less than an hour as long as you follow the procedure closely. If you encounter any problems, you can either comment below the post or visit the developer’s page.