The Sony Xperia Z Ultra is the latest phablet released by the Japanese manufacturer, spotting a 6.4-inch full-HD display packed with an incredible 2.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset with 2GB RAM. If you happen to own this monster, you may want to have root- access for the device so that you can install custom ROMs or any other root-only apps to play with. But to do so, you will first have to root the device. This tutorial will teach you exactly how to root the Sony Xperia Z Ultra.
Before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own SD Card.
Follow the steps below on how to root the Sony Xperia Z Ultra
- Download the vroot.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Xperia Z Ultra.
- Run the application by double-clicking on it. This will install it to your desktop.
- After its being installed, launch the program.
- Connect your Xperia Z Ultra to the PC using a USB cable.
- From the program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting the device.
- You’ll be prompted once your device has been rooted.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted the Sony Xperia Z Ultra.
Easy isn’t it? However, if you do encounter any any problem ( device hang, cannot boot? ) during the process, you can comment below this post and we’ll definitely be glad to help you! In the meantime, stay tune for more how to root tutorials coming your way…