The Motorola Razr D3 XT 920 was announced back in March this year. Like most other Android devices running on Android 4.1, the Motorola RAZR D3 can also be easily rooted using the Framaroot app. If you’re interested, then read on to find out how to root the Motorola Razr D3 XT920 in less than an hour.
Before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own SD Card.
Follow the steps below on how to root the Motorola Razr D3 XT920
- Download the Framaroot apk to your desktop.
- Connect the device to your PC using a USB cable.
- Copy the Framaroot apk from your PC to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Ensure that you have enabled the installation of apks from Unknown Sources from your device’s settings.
- Launch your file explorer from your app drawer ( if you do not have one, you can download ES File Explorer from the Play Store ) and look for the Framaroot apk. Once you’ve found the apk, install it.
- Open the Framaroot app from your device’s app drawer.
- From the app, tap on Gandalf and you should expect a success pop-up being shown up on your device.
- If it doesn’t shows up, close the app and open it again. This time round, tap on the Aragorn instead and you should be able to see a success pop-up.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted the Motorola Razr D3 XT920.
If you encounter any problems, you can either comment below the post or visit the developer’s page.