The Pinnacle Stylus is the latest Android phablet released by Spice back in September last year. The Spice Pinnacle Stylus comes with a 5.5-inch HD display powered by a mediocre 1.2 GHz quad-core chipset and 1GB RAM. Like the Galaxy Note 3, the phablet will also be coming with a sleek stylus for its user. Thanks to various developers from xda-developers, you can now easily root Spice Pinnacle Stylus in less than an hour. In you’re interested, then read on to find out hows to root Spice Pinnacle Stylus Mi-550.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Spice Pinnacle Stylus Mi-550
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your device before you proceed.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Spice Pinnacle Stylus.
Follow the steps below on how to root Spice Pinnacle Stylus Mi-550
- Connect the Spice Pinnacle Stylus to your PC.
- Copy and paste the Framaroot apk from your PC over to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Launch the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Launch the Framaroot app on your Spice Pinnacle Stylus.
- From the Framaroot app, select Install Superuser under the Select an action to execute after root section.
- From the Select an exploit section, select the Boromir exploit. ( Choose Faramir exploit if Boromir doesn’t work )
- If everything is done correctly, a pop-up like the one above should appear on your device.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Spice Pinnacle Stylus Mi-550!