The Star S6 is a mid-range Android smartphone released back in September last year which costs only $180. The device comes with a 5-inch HD display powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core Mediatek processor with 1GB RAM – to feed your multitasking needs on the Star S6. Like many other Android devices running on the Mediatek MTK6589 chipset, you can root Star S6 through the Boromir exploit using the Framaroot app. In this tutorial, I will teach you how to root Star S6 in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Star S6
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure your device has at least 80% battery left before you begin rooting.
- Back up the Star S6 smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Star S6
- Connect the Star S6 smartphone to your PC.
- Copy and paste the Framaroot apk from your PC over to your device’s SD card.
- Go to Settings > Security > check on the Unknown Sources box.
- On your device, open the file explorer app ( either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Once installed, open the Framaroot app.
- From the Select an action to execute after root section, select Install Superuser.
- In the next section, select either the Boromir or Faramir exploit.
- A pop-up similar to the one above will appear if everything is done correctly.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Star S6!
- Now go to your app drawer and you should be able to find a Superuser app.