If you have updated your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4, you may have realized that its build number has changed to VRUAME7. Because of this update, you have to use a different rooting procedure if you’re planning to get the device rooted. This tutorial will be guiding you on how to root the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 with build number VRUAME7.
However before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own SD Card.
Follow the steps below on how to root the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 with build number VRUAME7:
- Download the RootforVZWS4.zip and extract it to your desktop.
- Connect the Galaxy S4 to your PC using a USB cable.
- Copy all the files that you have extracted ( from step 1 ) over to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Disconnect your device from the PC.
- From your device, go to Google Play and download the Terminal Emulator.
- Open the Terminal Emulator app on your device.
- On the program, type in the following code :
- Once done, close the app.
- Open the SuperSU app to install the latest binary update.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4.
That’s all you have to do to root the Verizon Galaxy S4. If you have any question regarding the above procedure, please feel free to comment below the post or visit the developer’s page.
You may also want to learn : How to Root the HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE