The Xiaomi Hongmi has been one of the most sought after Android smartphone ever since it was released back in July last year. The Xiaomi Hongmi come with a price tag of just $130 even though it has pretty decent specifications. It comes with a 4.7 inch HD display powered by a 1.5 GHz quad-core chipset and 1 GB RAM. Currently the device is only available in China but we’re already hearing that Xiaomi is planning to launch it outside of China – and will rename it as Xiaomi Redmi. If you happen to own this device and wants to root it, then you’re at the right place! In this tutorial, I will be teaching you how to root Xiaomi Hongmi using the Framaroot app.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Xiaomi Hongmi
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have at least 80% battery left on the Xiaomi Hongmi before proceeding.
- Back up the Xiaomi Hongmi.
Follow the steps below on how to root Xiaomi Hongmi
- Connect the Xiaomi Hongmi to your PC.
- Copy the Framaroot apk from your PC over to your device’s SD card.
- Go to the Security section under your device’s settings and check on the Unknown Sources box.
- On your device, Launch the file explorer app ( we recommend either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Once done, open the Framaroot app on your Xiaomi Hongmi.
- From the Select an action to execute after root section, select Install Superuser.
- From the Select an exploit section, select either the Boromir or Faramir ( if Boromir doesn’t work ) exploit.
- If everything is done correctly, a pop-up like the one above should appear on your screen.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Xiaomi Hongmi!