The Zopo ZP980 is the first 1080p device released by the Chinese manufacturer Zopo earlier this year. This is also one of the most high-end device ever released by the company – spotting a 5-inch full-HD display, 1.2 GHz quad-core Mediatek chipset, 2GB RAM, 32GB ROM, 13.1 megapixels rear camera as well as Android 4.1 onboard. If you happen to own this device like me, you will probably be excited to have it rooted, so that you can tweak its performance a bit. In this tutorial, I will show you how to root the Zopo ZP980 within an hour.>
Before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own SD Card.
Follow the steps below on how to root the Zopo ZP980:
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings. If you have not do so, go to Settings > Developer options > USB Debugging.
- Connect the Zopo ZP980 to your PC using a USB cable and enable the device driver to be installed ( automatically ).
- Download the MTK6589 ROOT TOOLv3.0 by LUOWEI.part1.rar ( second link on the first post ).
- Extract the downloaded file to your desktop.
- From the extracted files, double-click on the MT6589 ROOT.exe to run the program.
- You should be able to see the screen above after you run the program. Now, press any key to continue.
- This will bring you to the screen above. Once again, press any key to begin rooting your device.
- Once done, you should be able to see the screen above.
- Congratulation you’ve successfully rooted your Zopo ZP980!
Hopefully you’ll be able to understand how to root the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9195 after reading this tutorial. If you need any help or experience any problem ( device hang, cannot boot? ) during the process, you can comment below this post or visit the original developers.