Want root access for your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, yet have no idea how to? Fret not! Today, I’ve written another tutorial on how to root the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is less than an hour. This will unleash your tablet to the world of custom ROMs and other root only applications. But before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. ( please also note that rooting voids your warranty as well ) Please also make sure you’ve already backup your device!
*This procedure works for the following Galaxy Note 10.1 models : N8000, N8010, N8013 and N8020.
- Download both Odin and the CF-Auto-Root Package : GT-N8000/ GT-N8010/ GT-N8013/ GT-N8020.
- Extract all files to your desktop.
- Launch the Odin application.
- From the program, click PDA and select CF-Auto-Root-….tar.md5.
- Ensure the Repartition box is unchecked, while both the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes remain checked.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.
- Reboot the Galaxy Note 10.1 into download mode by pressing on the Volume Down key, as well as Home and Power buttons simultaneously for a moment.
- Connect the Galaxy Note 10.1 to your PC using a USB cable.
- Click on the start button on the program.
- A ” Pass ” message will appear, and your tablet will automatically reboot.
- Disconnect the Galaxy Note 10.1, and it will boot into recovery mode.
- Congratulation you’ve successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1!
Simple isn’t it? Yeah, but even though it is simple, but do be very cautious during the process to ensure your device doesn’t brick by your mistake! Full credit of this procedure goes to these guys from xda-developers! However if you need any help or experience any problem ( device hang, don’t boot? ) during the process, you can also comment below this post or go directly to their support forum at xda-developers.
In the mean time, stay tune for more how to root tutorials coming your way!