The Sony Xperia J which was launched last year, has been one of the most popular budget handset among casual smartphone users. Nevertheless, you can still empower the Xperia J by instilling custom ROMs and other root-only apps onto the device. But before you can do that, you must first root your device. So if you have no idea how to begin rooting your device, then you’re at the right place. The following tutorial will guide you on how to root the Sony Xperia J in less than an hour. But before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device ( please also note that rooting voids your warranty as well ). Make sure you’ve already backup your device!
*This procedure works only on a PC running on Windows OS, and will not work if your device is running on 11.0.A.7.5 firmware.
- Download the Root_J.zip file.
- Extract the files to your desktop.
- Enable USB Debugging on the Sony Xperia J, by going to Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- Connect the Xperia J to your PC using a USB cable.
- Execute the RunMe.bat application.
- Follow the few simple steps on the program.
- Congratulation you’ve successfully rooted your Sony Xperia J!
Simple isn’t it? Yeah, but even though it is simple, but do be very cautious during the entire process to ensure your device doesn’t brick by your mistake! Full credit of this procedure goes to these guys from xda-developers! However if you need any help or experience any problem ( device hang, cannot boot? ) during the process, you can also comment below this post so that we’re able to help you!
In the mean time, stay tune for more how to root tutorials coming your way!