The Sony Xperia M is no doubt one of the best mid-range Android device that is available right now and is priced at just $250. Like any other Android devices, you can root the Xperia M to further exploit its capability. If you’re interested, this tutorial will guide you on how to root the Sony Xperia M C1905.
However before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own SD Card.
- Download the Framaroot-1.6.0.apk.
- Connect the device to your PC via the USB.
- Copy the Framaroot-1.6.0.apk file to the top directory of the internal storage for your device.
- Ensure that you’ve allowed the installation of apks from unknown sources in your device’s settings.
- If you do not have any file explorer on the Sony Xperia M, go to the Play Store and download the ES File Explorer or any other file explorer that you prefer.
- Launch the file explorer and locate the Framaroot-1.6.0.apk that you’ve copied over to your device earlier on. Once you’ve located it, tap on its icon to install the apk.
- Launch the Framaroot app.
- Select install SuperSU.
- Select Gandalf and wait for a pop out which says success.
- The device will reboot once.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted the Sony Xperia M C1905!
Easy isn’t it? However, if you do encounter any any problem ( device hang, cannot boot? ) during the process, you can also comment below this post so that we’re able to help you! In the meantime, stay tune for more how to root tutorials coming your way…
Source : xda-developers
Related : How to root the Moto X without unlocking your bootloader