The Asus Padfone X is a high-end Android smartphone announced by Asus back in July this year. The device rocks a 5″ FHD display powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 800 chipset clocked at 2.3GHz along with 2GB of RAM. Similar to other Padfones from the Taiwanese manufacturer, the Padfone X can be converted easily into a tablet as well.
If you’d ever rooted an Asus smartphone before, you should know that the process is actually quite tedious for at least a few of their models. However thanks to the Towelroot app, we can now root Asus Padfone X rather easily as well! In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Asus Padfone X in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Asus Padfone X
- Download the Towelroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the necessary USB driver on your PC.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Padfone X smartphone to your Google account.
Follow the steps below on how to root Asus Padfone X
- Connect your to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy the Towelroot apk from your PC to your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Towelroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Towelroot app and tap on the “Make it ra1n” button to begin rooting your device.
- After awhile your device should reboot itself.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Asus Padfone X!