The Blu Life 8 is a mid-range Android smartphone released by Blu back in May this year. This device is the first smartphone from Blu to rock a 8-cores MT6592 processor. Otther key specs that come with the Blu Life 8 include a 5″ HD display, 1GB RAM, 8GB onboard storage, microSD slot, 8MP rear camera, 2MP front camera, 2,000mAh battery, as well as Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean running out of the box.
Like most other Android smartphone, we can root Blu Life 8 rather easily as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Blu Life 8 using the root genius program (works only on a Windows PC).
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Blu Life 8
- Download the RootGenius file to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded the necessary device driver before you proceed.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
- Back up the Blu Life 8.
Follow the steps below on how to root Blu Life 8
- Extract the rootgenius.zip file to a folder on your desktop.
- Inside the extracted folder, double-click on a rootgenius executable file to install the program on your PC.
- Connect the Blu Life 8 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Launch the RootGenius program on your PC.
- Make sure it is able to detect your device.
- Once it detected your device, click on the Root button at the bottom right.
- It will take a few minutes to root Blu Life 8.
- If everything go smoothly, you should see a success pop-up like the one above.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Blu Life 8!