The Coolpad F2 is the first 8-core powered Android phablet released by Chinese manufacturer Coolpad back in September this year. The Coolpad F2 rocks a 5.5″ HD display along with a decent spec sheet which include a 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, microSD slot, 13MP rear camera, 5MP front camera, 2,500mAh removable battery as well as Android 4.4 KitKat running in the background.
Like most other Android smartphones, we can root Coolpad F2 rather easily using the Framaroot app. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Coolpad F2 in less than an hour!
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Coolpad F2
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the required driver on your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Coolpad F2.
Follow the steps below on how to root Coolpad F2
- Connect the Coolpad F2 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy and paste the Framaroot apk from your PC over to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot app on your Coolpad F2 smartphone.
- From the Framaroot app, select Install Superuser under the Select an action to execute after root section.
- From the Select an exploit section, select the Boromir exploit. ( You can try Faramir or Barahir exploit if Boromir doesn’t work )
- You should see a pop-up like the one above after you’re done.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Coolpad F2!