The Lenovo A399 is a low-end Android smartphone released by Lenovo earlier this year. This is another sub-$100 smartphone aimed at the lower end market and has a price tag of just $75. Coming at such a low price, we shouldn’t expect too much from its spec sheet to be fair. The Lenovo A399 rocks a decent 5″ display powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core chipset along with 512MB of RAM. Other key specs which comes with the device include a 4GB internal storage, microSD slot, 5MP rear camera, 2MP front camera, 2,500mAh battery as well as Android 4.4.2 KitKat running in the background.
Like most other Android smartphones, we can root Lenovo A399 rather easily as well. In the following tutorial, i will be guiding you guys on how to root Lenovo A399 using the vroot program.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Lenovo A399
- Download the vroot program to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on. If you have do not so, you can download the device’s driver here.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is more than 50% battery remaining on your Lenovo A588T smartphone.
- Back up your Lenovo A399 smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Lenovo A399
- Install vroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Connect the Lenovo A399 to your Windows-based PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Next, ensure that your PC is able to detect your device before you move on with the rest of the steps.
- Open the vroot program on your PC and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- On the vroot program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting Lenovo A399.
- The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.
- You’ll be prompted by the program once it has rooted your device.
- The Lenovo A399 will then automatically reboot itself.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Lenovo A399!