The Lenovo A916 is a mid-range Android phablet released by Lenovo back in September this year. The device rocks a 5.5″ HD display powered by a 8-cores MT6592 chipset along with a 1GB of RAM. Other key specs which came with the device include a 8GB internal storage, microSD slot, 13MP rear camera, 2MP front camera, 2,500mAh battery as well as Android 4.4 KitKat running out of the box.
Like most other Android smartphones, we can root Lenovo A916 rather easily in less than an hour. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Lenovo A916 using a one-click-root app called Framaroot.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Lenovo A916
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the necessary USB driver on your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 50% battery remaining on your Lenovo A916.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Lenovo A916.
Follow the steps below on how to root Lenovo A916
- Connect the Lenovo A916 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy the Framaroot apk from your PC to your tablet’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot app on your Lenovo A916 and you should be able to see a screen like the one below
- From the Framaroot app, select the Install Superuser option under the Select an action to execute after root section as shown above.
- In the next section, choose the Boromir exploit to root Lenovo A916.
- You should be able to see a pop-up like the one above once the program has rooted your device. The process normally takes less than a minute to complete.
- Finally, reboot your device immediately.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Lenovo A916!