The Lenovo S856 is the latest mid-range phablet released by Lenovo back in August this year. This is one of the few Lenovo smartphones which runs on a Qualcomm processor since most of their handsets are being powered by Mediatek processors during the past few years.
Whatever it is, we can still root Lenovo S856 rather easily thanks to the Towelroot program. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Lenovo S856 in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Lenovo S856
- Download the Towelroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the necessary USB driver on your PC.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Lenovo S856 smartphone to your Google account.
Follow the steps below on how to root Lenovo S856
- Connect your to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy the Towelroot apk from your PC to your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Towelroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Towelroot app and tap on the “Make it ra1n” button to begin rooting your device.
- After awhile your device should reboot itself.
- Now, head down to the Play store and install the SuperSU app for your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Lenovo S856!